Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Character Origin: The Drowning Man

I've made some changes to the Drowning Man since day one. At first he was the stereotypical baddie for the Punisher to fight. I made a few changes on the set of the movie that I liked, so I adapted them for this story. However, with the lead being changed from the Punisher to Kat Perez, I couldn't just have him be "Bald Man A". He had to have a real story. I had to make him as real as I could. What were his motivations and his past? That's when I started to piece together him being the real story within the story. He is somehow tied to everything.

He was originally the tattooed man and then the Drowning Man. I wanted to make him stand out in a crowd, but having a bunch of tattoos wasn't good enough. I took away the tattoos and added other physical changes that fit the character and his background more.

My model is one of my co-workers. I told him to keep a blank expression for this pose. Part of the reason why he was originally the tattooed man is because my friend Daniel was to be my model way back in 2004, and he has a plethora of pretty scary tats free of charge. But the Drowning Man is here to stay. I hope you enjoy the character and have your curiosity peaked as to just who he is, like the website states

No comments:

Post a Comment